Arconic Maintenance Technician - Day Shift in New Brighton, Minnesota
This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing and relocating complex CNC and manual manufacturing equipment, troubleshooting equipment issues, performing preventative maintenance activities on equipment, maintaining the technical library and spare parts inventory, calibrating and adjusting machine tools and equipment, modifying machines for specialized functions and performing minor building maintenance functions.
Install, maintain, repair and relocate complex CNC and manual manufacturing equipment and machine tools for the facility, referring to manuals, schematics, blueprints and other relevant documentation.
Troubleshoot equipment issues, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic, making all necessary corrections and returning the equipment to optimum condition in a cost effective and timely manner.
Develop and maintain preventative maintenance (PM) schedules and perform PM activities on equipment.
Maintain technical library and spare parts inventory, including data entry into ERP and procuring supplies.
Calibrate and adjust machine tools and equipment.
Modify machines and building for specialized functions.
Perform minor building maintenance functions, including plumbing and electrical.
Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment, adhering to 5S principles.
Other duties as assigned.
· A related technical certificate/diploma and two years relevant experience, OR, six years relevant experience.
· Intermediate ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
· Experience with electrical circuits and testing equipment.
· Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Knowledge of OSHA standards.
· Experience working in an ISO environment.
· Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
· This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
*Preferred Qualifications: *
· Experience working with CNC controls and equipment.
· Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment.
· Knowledge of machine tool calibration equipment and procedures.
· HVAC knowledge
Organization: *39220-21202 Maintenance - #1
Title: Maintenance Technician - Day Shift
Location: MN-New Brighton
Requisition ID: 18002273
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.