Arconic Senior Technician in Alcoa Center, Pennsylvania
To operate Additive Manufacturing and pre- and post-processing equipment in accordance with strict quality and documentation standards
Major Activities / Key Challenges:
• Setup, execution, and removal of builds on a variety of Additive Manufacturing equipment and process types
• Hands-on powder handling including sieving, sampling, blending, loading, and cleaning
• Adherence to safe work practices for all tasks
• Machine cleaning
• Adopt and adhere to quality systems to ensure full documentation and traceability of all work performed
• Visually inspect parts and record observations
• Active participation in regular housekeeping efforts to maintain an orderly, clean, and safe work area
Essential Knowledge & Skills / Education:
• Ability to act as part of a team environment
• Willingness to work shifts if necessary
• Self-motivated individual willing to learn and advance
• Hands-on experience with subtractive or additive manufacturing technologies
• Highly adaptable day-to-day to meet demands of the day
• Hands-on experience with AM, CNC, or machining equipment operation
• High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position.
• Hands-on experience with metal powder AM equipment operation
• AM, G-code, or CNC programming
• Hands-on metal powder handling including sieving, blending, sampling, and characterization
• CAD or Magics software
Organization: *00160-16606 AM Demonstrator
Title: Senior Technician
Location: PA-Alcoa Center
Requisition ID: 18001066
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.